IBS

Luke 21:14-15  “Settle it therefore in your minds not to meditate beforehand how to answer, for I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which none of your adversaries will be able to withstand or contradict.”

When I was reading this section in the gospel of Luke at first verse 15 stood out to me, but then I re-read it and verse fourteen stood out as much or even more than verse fifteen did. Verse fifteen stuck out to me because it is showing that God will provide what we need to say when we need it. There is no need to worry about what we will say or how it will be taken, because God has all of that in His hands. This can be very comforting because it just shows how trustworthy our God is and that when we are in His will there is nothing to be anxious about. So after looking at verse fifteen and that there is nothing to be worrying about I wanted to look at the verse before it to make sure I wasn't missing anything important. Verse fourteen when I took a second look captured my attention. It says we have to “settle it” it is a choice. No “I’ll try to” or “hopefully I won’t worry”. If we did any of that it would give us a way out, an excuse. And just saying those things just shows that you are already expecting to fail. But that's not what God is wanting or asking of us. He wants us to settle it, make the choice to do His will of not worrying and trusting Him in what to say in the future. This can also apply to other aspects of our walk with Him. “I will follow Him, I will trust Him, I will pray, I will obey.” God knows we arent perfect and that we will still mess up from time to time, but we need to be strong in our faith and not let circumstances determine what we believe, but instead what the bible says.

Application: I will  be more faithful so my words mean something without a promise having to be attached. So that people will know I am a trustworthy person. No more promises just doing what I say I will do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IBS

IBS week 8.1

IBS Week 1