IBS

Luke 20:5-8 “And they discussed it with one another, saying “If we say, ‘From heaven,’ he will say ’Why do you not believe him?’ But if we say, ‘From man,’ all the people will stone us to death, for they are convinced that John was a prophet. So they answered that they did not know where it came from. And Jesus said to them, ‘Neither will I tell you by what authority I do these things.’”

When I read this I see that the people are more afraid of how the people will react, then being truthful to Jesus. They want people to accept them more then they are worried about disappointing God. This can be a hard thing to swallow, but its an important question to ask yourself. “Do I care more about being accepted or about disappointing God?” Jesus already knows the answer to that and He wants you to find that answer out also. He doesn't just deal with the surface level issues and questions. Otherwise He could have just answered there questions and gone on with His day, but instead He answered with a question making them think. This brought me to think about my relationship with Christ, ‘Do I answer His questions truthfully?’ and more importantly ‘what is the heart behind the questions I ask him?’ Jesus saw where their hearts were and knew what they needed. So when Jesus doesn't answer our questions how we think He should, we shouldn't get upset or hurt. Instead we should look at where our heart is coming from and see if He is trying to get at something deeper while you are only concerned about the outward. This truly made me take a step back and think about if I care more about disappointing God than being accepted by people.

Application:

I will write down my questions for God and look at the heart behind it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IBS

IBS week 8.1

IBS Week 1