IBS

Job 10:4 “Have you eyes of flesh? Do you see as man sees?”

When I read this in my morning devotional I was instantly convicted because I know that I don’t always see things through God’s eyes but instead through the worlds. This got me thinking, how often do we look at things with the perspective of man? Sadly to say that at least for me probably more than I think. When we don’t see things the way the Lord does it is so easy to miss things that the Lord is doing right in front of us, but because we have the wrong perspective we miss God answering a prayer or seeing Him in the small things. Then because we have our eyes so focused on the world and if we are honest with ourselves, our eyes our usually focused on our own self, we miss out on God's answers and grace. We start to doubt and ask God why He won't show Himself to us, when He is we just need to take a step away from the mirror or look up from our phones for more than a second to really see and appreciate what God is doing. Also it is easy to tell if we are seeing as the world does by our reactions. When we react with jealousy, anger, disrespect, and not seeing the other side to the situation, it is a clear indication that your mind is on the things of the world and not focused solely on God. And when we do take the time to truly ask ourselves these questions and reflect on what our reactions are in certain situations it can be heartbreaking to know that you are so far off from where God wants you to be. But then you remember the crazy amount of grace that God gives us every day and you realize that He will still take you as His child all you have to do is truly repent. Not just once, everyday. For me I have to remember that it’s a process you don’t just repent once and you then won’t have those reactions ever again.But that it’s a process of humbling yourself before God and recognizing that you need a savior, and you need His help to change your mindset and attitude towards those situations and people.

Application:

I will fast from tv/movies for two weeks so that I learn to prioritise God and His word in my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IBS week 8.1

IBS Week 1

IBS