IBS

2 Chronicles 31:21 “ And every word that he undertook in the service of the house of God and in accordance with the law and the commandments, seeking his God, he did with all his heart, and prospered.”

This verse has me convicted because I know that I don’t do everything with my heart meaning to honor God. A lot of the time I will do something to just finish it and move on. But when I read this that’s not the case everything we do should be honoring to God and to see it as an act of worship even if it doesn’t feel like. Just even writing this at the beginning when I was trying to find a passage to write on I wanted to just find one quickly so I could write it and be done. That wasn’t a heart that is honoring to God. Even when I found this passage in what I read this morning and I was getting ready to write a little paragraph and be done my computer started glitching. That is when I realized that my heart wasn’t in the right place. So this verse is a good reminder that I need to go use my heart on the Lord in EVERY thing I do because God wants us to be faithful in the small things so that we will have a strong foundation when He gives us the bigger tasks. This has been a common theme through my bible reading at the moment and this is just another thing that shows how much God is still working in and through me. At the end of the verse it says “and prospered” this is showing that when our hearts are truly on the Lord and we follow His will and keep the right mindset and don’t try to take things into our own hands we will prosper. It doesn’t mean that we won’t have struggles and that sometimes we will fail but it shows that God still has you in His hand and will complete His will.

Application:

I will write out this verse and pray about having my heart be in the right place.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IBS week 8.1

IBS Week 1

IBS