IBS

IBS
2 Timothy 1:7-9 “For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control. Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony about our Lord, nor of me His prisoner, but share in suffering for the gospel by the power of God, who saved us and called us to a holly calling, not because of our works but because of his own purpose and grace, which he gave us in Christ Jesus before the ages began.”

Why would we even come close to being ashamed of God? But this verse can hit home in so many ways and is such a good reminder to be bold for Him. I was thinking of what it will be like to go home after this program, and how l will act around my old friends, and I instantly was thinking of how I will describe my experience here, and what their reactions would be if I talk about God. That’s when I remembered this verse and felt convicted. Because it showed where my heart was in that moment. In that moment I was more concerned and worried about if people would like me more then I was afraid of disappointing God. It was a humbling moment, also because it brought me back to when I was a very lukewarm Christian. Once I remembered this verse and saw the importance of it I decided again that I don’t care what people’s reactions will be when I talk about God when I get home. Because that is what I came to do, I came to serve God and He is nothing to be ashamed of. He is the God and creator of Heaven and Earth so why should I be afraid to speak of Him? That is how the devil wants us to act, afraid, because when we are afraid it shows our doubt in God, and we don’t get anything honoring to the kingdom of God accomplished. Instead we need to remember that God called us to a holly work of showing people who He is through our actions and words.

Application:
I will make a point to talk to one of my non-Christian friends about what God has done here.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IBS week 8.1

IBS Week 1

IBS