IBS

IBS
Job 6:14 “He who withholds kindness from a friend forsakes the fear of the Almighty.”
I came across this verse because at first, I was having to do a bible study on kindness, and this verse stuck out to me. And then we were having to look up promises in the bible and again this one came up. The first thing I noticed was that its an action, you have a choice to not show kindness which also means that we have a choice to be kind to others. But I know for me I’m not always consciously checking to make sure I am showing kindness, and sometimes we are just so done that we don’t choose kindness for one reason or another. When we do that it shows that we don’t fear God. It shows that we think our actions are always right and we don’t have to be considerate about them. In reality it shows how much pride is in out hearts, even if you think you are hiding it, sooner or later the pride will come out. This is a good verse that I want to keep in my mind and apply it in my daily life because I don’t want to not fear God and be so prideful that I don’t see what I am doing and how it’s not kind. This verse also talks about not being kind to friend. Sometimes it can be easier to be friendly to a complete stranger than family or friends. You can’t put on the mask with those who know you, you shouldn’t be wearing a mask anyways, but sometimes you get so comfortable with people that you forget to show kindness to them and not have a filter. So that can be a hard test and where it truly shows where our hearts are. So its important to be deliberate on being kind to everyone.

Application:

I will memorize this verse.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IBS week 8.1

IBS Week 1

IBS