IBS

1 Timothy 4:8 " Physical training is good, but training for godliness is much better, promising benefits in this life and in the life to come"

1 Timoteo 4:8 "Porque el ejercicio corparal para poco es provechoso, pero la piedad para todo aprovecha, pues tiene promesa de esta vida presente, y de la venidera."

We forget that God is a jealous God, and He is is jealous of how we spend our time. It is very easy to get caught up in moments and not think about God, or put things ahead of God in our minds without even knowing it. For me this verse hit home, because I know that before IGNITE I would spend so much more time excising physically then spending time in the word. This would leave me just dry and drained and not feeling like I had the energy to spend time with the Lord. I made physical exercise my god and my escape from having to deal with the root of problems and having fellowship about those problems with God and others. Since being here I am learning to create a balance and the importance of have God at the center and spending time in His presence everyday. There is so much fruit from it, I am less bitter and if something does go wrong my thoughts are already focused on God and my reactions are less of the flesh. Also now when I do exercise its not an idol but it honors God and through the exercise I don't shove things down but during it I bring my problems to the Lord and it becomes much more than working out. God wants us to exercise our knowledge of the word so that we are strong in Him not just strong in this world. Exercising isn't bad its just when we put things over God and think that we are solving our problems without His help.

Application:
I will not exercise without praying first to God this week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IBS week 8.1

IBS Week 1

IBS