IBS week 8.2

Luke 17:7-10 " When a servant comes in from plowing or taking care of sheep, does his master say, 'come in and eat with me'? No he says, 'Prepare my meal, put on your apron, and serve me while I eat. Then you can eat later.' And does the master thank the servant for doing what he was told to do? Of course not. In the same way, when you obey me you should say, 'We are unworthy servants who have simply done our duty.'"

I see this and think that Jesus is telling us to come to Him humbly. Most of the time we come to the Lord after we have finished something with the attitude that we are done and that He should bless us. Obviously that's not what He is wanting, He wants us to come with a mindset that He could be calling us to more than what you just did and wants us to trust Him in that you will be given food, as the example in the verse, or you will be blessed just in His timing not our own. It can be hard to be humble and not arrogant, especially if your being critiqued and told what more to do, when you thought that you did it all and did it well. Most of the time after we are done with something we expect a thank you not another task. That's were being humble can come into play but can be hard to express. For me it is easy to get prideful of over the little things and not realize that it was all God and none of my actual doing. We aren't worthy of the praise that we think we deserve and instead should be always looking for the next thing to give the praise back to the Lord. The one who truly deserves all praise and rewards.

Application:
I will pray about having more of a humble serving heart.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IBS week 8.1

IBS Week 1

IBS