IBS week 6.2

2 Corinthians 10:5 " We destroy every proud obstacle that keeps people from knowing God. We capture their rebellious thoughts and teach them to obey Christ."

What stands out to me is that we need to capture our thoughts and bring them to the Lord. When we do this it helps keep our focus on Him and eventually it changes how we think. When our thoughts aren't as filled with the world and more of what God wants it will be easier to be obedient.The more our thoughts are naturally tuned into what God has for us the more we will understand some of His reasoning as to why God is having us do something. Also we will gain the maturity in Him to understand that we wont always know the why but to just have faith and obey what He says anyway. This has been a thing that keeps getting put on my heart to do. I think to much at times and my thoughts can often get myself into trouble if I'm not careful. So I have been trying to give my thoughts to the Lord more and more. It has not been easy and a lot of the times I find myself just saying to lord, 'please take this, please take this', over and over again. It has been helping but its still a process that is going on. Because of this I have had God on my thoughts more throughout the day then He was in the past which has been nice, because it is starting to feel like more of a relationship then a one sided bible reading and prayer at night.

Application: Journal about giving my thoughts to Him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IBS week 8.1

IBS Week 1

IBS