IBS week 1

Mark 10:47-49 “ When Bartimaeus heard that Jesus of Nazareth was nearby, he began to shout, “Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!” “Be quiet!” many of the people yelled at him. But he only shouted louder, “Son of David, have mercy on me!” When Jesus heard him, he stopped and said, “Tell him to come here.” So they called the blind man. “Cheer up,” they said.   ”Come on, he’s calling you!”

I admire the faith of Bartimaeus, he knew of Jesus’ power and had faith in him to keep calling for him. Even when every one else was telling him to stop. Almost like telling him that it was a pointless feet that would never come true. I went to a public high school so the second you metion God in school you get mocked and told you are wasting your time. Almost like with  Bartimaeus. I was blessed that God gave me a stuborn personality to not care that others thought in their minds that I was being stupid, although I was stuborn in my belifes it still was hard at times to trust in God and know that He was near. But scince being here God has been showing me His presence more and more, and lettig me know that I wasn’t wasting my time, even though some days I would push God away, and was extremely lukewarm, but would try to blame it on being shy. God has been showing me that I need to be presistent with calling on Him and just keep waiting for His perfect timing for when He will answer. I want my faith in the Lord to be as steadfast as  Bartimaeus’ was, and to have joy and peace that the Lord will answer.  
Application:

  • If today I feel lukewarm in my walk with God I will talk with Ali about it and we will pray together.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IBS week 8.1

IBS Week 1

IBS