IBS week 1

Hebrews 11:1
“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” (NKJ)

Faith is hard, and if you have a shallow understanding of what it means to truley trust and have faith in God it could feel empty. That’s where hope comes in. Hope isn’t just hoping for a sunny day, but hoping in God. Hope is believing in Jesus Christ  and knowing that we are saved and will be going to heaven . Also hope is that because of Gods promises you know that he will have a plan for you. The things that we truley hope for are the things that we do not see nor understand at the moment. Although having hope is good, hope without faith could be some what pointless. If you’re going through a hard time and you hope that God will bring you out of it but dont have faith, it leaves you empty and feeling like you were given false hope.  Then your actions dont show that you truley trust God, and you try to take things into your own hands.  Faith is a fundemental foundation in growing deeper with the Lord, as it says in Hebrews 11:1 “..the evidence of things not seen.” God wants me to take that step in trusting Him and having faith in Him that He has control and that His plan will be greater than my own, I can’t even imagine what God will have for me. It is easy to have a hope without faith but in reality we need to have both and that is where my application comes into play.
Application:
  • Whenever I have doubts I will surrendor those to the Lord.
  • I will open up to other people about what my desires are and what I’m struggling having faith in.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IBS week 8.1

IBS Week 1

IBS