IBS

Colossians 3:23 “ Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men.”

This is basically how I can sum up what God has been showing me so far in my time here in Costa Rica. This verse when you first look at it it looks very simple and straightforward, work hard for the Lord and not men, easy right? But when you actually look at it to see what it would mean to truly do all your work unto the Lord that means no complaining, no seeking for recognition, having a servant heart the whole time. And trust me that can be hard. The main thing is that your heart is in the right place and is truly doing the tasks the Lord has set before you with the attitude that such task no matter how small we think can bring honor back to Him. Right now the kids here are on summer break and are all away visiting family. S that means we are no having kids clubs a the moment and instead are doing a lot of spring cleaning around the church. Some days it can be hard to have the right attitude and do every task with a servants heart. We will joke while we are scrubbing the floors unto the Lord and not men but it is so true and I see the benefit of having the discipline of being faithful in the small things. And so often while we are doing the mundane chores we will have conversation about the Lord and the bible that otherwise we wouldn’t have had time for because we were to busy. It can be a humbling experience but I can see why God has called me hear for this time because I was always going and never had this time to reflect, dig deeper, and truly search and wait actively on the Lord.There are still times that it can be hard but then God brings this verse to my mind and I realize that everything I do should be with my best effort to bring glory to Him even if it is just scrubbing the toilets, and I get this joy and peace knowing that my actions are honoring Him and that I am in His will. No matter how small or big the task may be do it with your whole heart set on God because we don’t know what He has planned next and with Him everything is equal.

Application:

I will write down some things I have learned from doing the “small” things for the Lord.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IBS week 8.1

IBS Week 1

IBS